As from 17 April 2009, Dover District Council will only advertise in the local press those planning applications that they are required to by law. These are applications:-
-within Conservation Areas or affecting their settings
– affecting Listed Building or their settings
– accompanied by an Environmental Statement
– which are a departure from the Development Plan
– which affect a Right of Way
– for major development
– for details to pursuant to outline applications which come into the above categories.
Ash Parish Council acting on the views of parishioners will display on the web-site and as appropriate on the parish noticeboard, details of all planning applications it receives for the parish. Parishioners should also note that due to recent changes in planning regulations many types of building work no longer require planning permision and are dealt with under Permitted Development, in particular certain types of extensions and conservatories. If you want further information or advice, please ring DDC Planning Department on 01304 821 199 between 10am and 1pm and ask to speak to the Duty Planning Officer.